Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Subtitles

I watched the first movie I ever watched with subtitles the other day.  Okay, the second movie I ever watched with subtitles, but the first one was with a cute girl so that does not count.  So this time I watched Trollhunter on Netflix because Netflix suggested it just for me.  So I read the description and it sounds like a low budget foreign horror movie.  I can get behind that.  So I watch and it starts in with the subtitles and of course I am about to turn it of but somehow it caught me and I sat through the whole thing.  The movie was okay, and the first movie I have watched in 100 years where I was not playing with my phone or laptop while it was on.  It was kind of dumb but entertaining and the effects were better than I would have expected but the words on the bottom sucks.  This would have been a 100 times better movie if they dubbed it into english.  Even if the mouths did not match the words, it would be better than reading instead of looking at the scenes and characters.  The movie guys should be against subtitling, because I can not be impressed by the subtleties of their acting, and the selection of camera angles, and the scenery they chose.  #OCCUPY SUBTITLES.  Anyway, it is an okay movie, you could watch it if you have some time to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment